Best WordPress Themes For Videobloggers
Blogging has been around for a while. In these tough times, it is one of the best careers to have. The times may be tough, but people still go online to learn and keep on top of developments in their industries. Many bloggers earn 6 figure incomes by writing about what they are passionate about. Vlogging is the hottest segment of the blogging world. A couple of years ago only a few early adopters would take a chance on vlogging. Fast forward a couple of years and almost all top bloggers video blog. Video blogging allows bloggers to better connect with their readers, build more trust, and provide more value to their readers. If you haven't created your own video-blog before, now is probably a good time.
WordPress is the best blogging platform on the market. It's free and open source. But a lot of folks assume that WordPress is designed for text-only blogs. In reality, you can use WordPress to build sophisticated communities and video-blogs. All you need is a good design that allows you to share your videos with your audience and get them involved as well.
Finding a video blogging theme is not easy. Most theme developers focus on text-only themes. If you decide to go with a custom-designed theme, you could spend thousands of dollars right off the bat. That is not something many of us can afford, especially if you are just getting started in this business. Thankfully, there are a few companies that focus specifically on designing powerful WordPress vlogging themes. These premium themes are slightly cheaper and customizable. But not all of them are created the same. It's essential that you do your research before paying $50-$1000 for a premium vlogging theme. Here are the factors you should keep in mind before purchasing a vlogging theme:
- Design: you want to make sure you know what you get with your premium theme. You should also demo your theme to find out if the design is something you can work with.
- Features: a vlogging theme should allow you to embed videos and create episodes easily. You also want your theme to provide your readers with "embed this video" and "share this video" functionality. Your videos could go viral, and you should give your users the chance to share your videos easily.
- Video player: a few video themes come with their own custom video players. Check with your developer to find out what you get with your theme.
- SEO: vlogs can be optimized for search engines as well. Make sure you buy a theme that gives you the best chance to get ranked high on search engines. Having a video site-map and video tagging capability is a big plus.
- Flexibility: you are not going to be the only person buying themes from a developer. Consequently, you want to find out how easy it is to customize the theme after you've bought it. You want to have your own unique design to set yourself apart from other vloggers.
- Price: vlogging themes can cost anywhere between $50 to $1000. Don't break the bank buying a theme that comes with a lot of bells and whistles when you can achieve your goal with a cheaper theme.
Video blogging is expected to grow in the upcoming months. By buying the right theme and starting your vlog today, you can still take advantage of this growth and grab your piece of this multi-billion dollar industry.